Suggestions for Dealing With Weight Gain While on Alesse
If you are taking Alesse
and notice an unexplained and undesired gain in weight, there are a few things that you can do to get your weight back under control. Some suggestions include:
- Limit your intake of alcohol or other "empty" calories, such as sugary soda, candy, and sweets.
- Participate in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Limited amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
Remember, quick fixes, such as weight loss pills
, are usually not the answer. The best weight loss plans aim for moderate, steady weight loss through diet and exercise.
Also, if you are noticing weight gain with Alesse, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with it. Your healthcare provider may also look for other causes of weight gain, such as certain types of medical conditions. If the weight gain continues, he or she may also recommend other lifestyle changes or possibly switching to another method of birth control.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)