General Information on Taking Altavera
Some considerations for people taking Altavera
include the following:
- Altavera comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Altavera with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Altavera contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting (between periods) while taking Altavera. However, keep taking the tablets as usual.
- It is important to take Altavera every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Altavera dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.