When and How to Use Apri
Some general considerations for when and how to use Apri include the following:
- It comes in the form of a tablet that is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Apri with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Apri contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you have finished a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Apri every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Who Makes Apri?
Apri is made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (see Generic Desogen for more information)
Strengths of Apri
Apri comes in one strength, containing 0.15 mg of desogestrel and 0.03 mg of ethinyl estradiol for the first 21 tablets. The last seven tablets of each pack do not contain any active ingredients.