General Information on Taking Azurette
Some considerations to keep in mind when taking Azurette
include the following:
- Azurette comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Azurette with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking this hormonal contraceptive. Keep taking Azurette as normal.
- It is very important to take Azurette every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Azurette dosing in general, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.