What If I Take an Overdose of the Medicine?
People who take too much benzphetamine may experience the following symptoms:
- Hyperactivity (trouble sitting still)
- Fast breathing
- High blood pressure or low blood pressure
- Changes in heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Muscle pains
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there)
- Loss of life.
If you happen to overdose on this drug, seek immediate medical attention.
How Should This Medication Be Stored?
Benzphetamine tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep them in an airtight container.
Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?
If you do not take your benzphetamine as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
How Does Benzphetamine Work?
Benzphetamine works by suppressing the appetite, and it may also increase the metabolism.