An Introduction to Brevicon Side Effects
As with any medicine, Brevicon®
(norethindrone/ethinyl estradiol) can cause side effects. However, not every woman who uses it will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Many of the common side effects of Brevicon may improve within the first few cycles of use.
Bothersome Brevicon Side Effects
Not all possible Brevicon side effects are serious. In fact, most are merely bothersome, and many go away with time. Some of these bothersome (but not dangerous) Brevicon side effects include:
- Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (this tends to go away with time)
- Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease in sex drive)
- Breast tenderness or other breast changes (such as swelling)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses.