Camila Dosing and Late or Missed Pills
It is important that you take Camila
every day and at the same time each day, even if you do not have sex very often. If you miss pills, or if you are more than three hours late for any pills, take one missed pill as soon as you remember, then go back to your usual schedule. You need to use a backup method of birth control (such as condoms) for 48 hours after restarting the pills.
Camila Dosing and Late or Missed Periods
Irregular periods are a common Camila side effect
. It is normal to have your period earlier or later than expected, and it is normal to have bleeding or spotting between periods. This is one of the disadvantages of the drug. However, you should make sure you are not pregnant if you miss two periods in a row. You should also make sure you are not pregnant if your period is late and you have missed pills or taken pills later than usual, especially if you did not use a backup method of birth control. In these situations, an over-the-counter pregnancy test
General Information on Dosing With Camila
Considerations for people using Camila include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Missing Camila (or other progestin-only) pills or taking them later than usual is more likely to result in pregnancy, compared with combined oral contraceptives. It is essential that you take them at exactly the same time every day.
- Each pack of Camila contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away.
- You may have your period early or late while taking Camila. Keep taking the tablets either way; do not stop taking the drug during your period.
- You can take Camila with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills or take them even a few hours late. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Camila dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.