An Overview of Camila Side Effects
(norethindrone) is a generic version of Nor-QD®
. As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Camila; however, not all women who use the contraceptive will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Often, many of the bothersome side effects of Camila improve (or go away completely) within the first few months of use.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Camila. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Side Effects of Camila to Report
There are a number of Camila side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Depression or other emotional changes
- More than 45 days between periods (this may be a sign of pregnancy)
- Severe lower abdominal (stomach) or back pain, which may be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy (also known as a "tubal" pregnancy) or an ovarian cyst
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.