Conjugated Estrogens Vaginal Cream Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of conjugated estrogens vaginal cream
Vaginal Cream) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the cream and the severity of your menopause symptoms
. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Conjugated Estrogens Vaginal Cream Dosage for Vaginal Symptoms
The standard recommended dose of conjugated estrogens
vaginal cream for treating vaginal symptoms is 0.5 grams to 2 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily. Usually, women are recommended to use the cream cyclically (such as three weeks on and one week off) for the shortest time necessary.
General Information on Your Conjugated Estrogens Vaginal Cream Dosage
Considerations for people using conjugated estrogens vaginal cream include the following:
- The medication comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 0.5 grams to 2 grams of the cream (in 0.5-gram increments).
- Women are typically recommended to use conjugated estrogens vaginal cream cyclically, such as three weeks on and one week off.
- Your conjugated estrogens vaginal cream package comes with detailed instructions on how to use the cream using the enclosed applicator.
- You can take apart the applicator and wash it with mild soap and water. However, do not boil it or use hot water.
- Many women find it easiest to use conjugated estrogens vaginal cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use the cream at any time of the day that works best for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your conjugated estrogens vaginal cream dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.