When and How to Use Cyclessa
General considerations for when and how to use this medication include the following:
- Cyclessa comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day, and at the same time each day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Cyclessa contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is important that you take Cyclessa every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
There is only one standard dose of Cyclessa, regardless of your age, weight, or medical conditions. As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.