When and How to Take It
Some general considerations to keep in mind while taking Daysee include the following:
- This contraceptive comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Daysee with or without food. If the pill seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Daysee contains 91 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking Daysee. Keep taking the pill as normal.
- It is very important that you take this contraceptive every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Daysee will not work if you stop taking it.
There is only one standard dose of this pill, regardless of age, weight, or medical conditions. As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.