An Introduction to Diflucan Side Effects
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Diflucan®
). However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Diflucan. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Diflucan side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Diflucan
Diflucan has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occurred in a group of people taking Diflucan were documented and compared to those that occurred in a similar group of people taking a different antifungal medication. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compare to the group taking a different medication.
In these studies, the most common side effects seen with Diflucan included:
- Headache -- in up to 13 percent of people
- Nausea -- up to 7 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 6 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 3 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 1.7 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 1 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 1 percent
- Taste changes -- up to 1 percent.