Is a Generic Version of Diflucan Available?
) is a prescription antifungal medication approved for treating and/or preventing several different fungal infections. Most commonly, it is used to treat vaginal yeast infections
Brand-name Diflucan is manufactured by Pfizer, Inc. The patents for this medication have expired, however, and generic versions are available.
Strengths of Generic Diflucan
Generic Diflucan is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Fluconazole 50 mg tablets
- Fluconazole 100 mg tablets
- Fluconazole 150 mg tablets
- Fluconazole 200 mg tablets
- Fluconazole powder for oral suspension (which is mixed by a pharmacist to a concentration of 10 or 40 mg per mL, depending on the strength)
- Fluconazole 2 mg per mL injection (available in various package sizes).
Who Makes Generic Forms of Diflucan?
Several different manufactures make a generic version of Diflucan. For example:
- Apotex Corporation
- Baxter Healthcare Corporation
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
- Teva Specialty Pharmaceuticals.