Estradiol Vaginal Cream Dosage
The recommended estradiol vaginal cream dosage for treating vaginal menopause symptoms is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily for one to two weeks. After the initial couple of weeks, your healthcare provider may suggest cutting back the dose by half for another one to two weeks. After that, the standard recommended estradiol vaginal cream dose is 1 gram three times weekly.
Estradiol Vaginal Cream Dosage: An Introduction
The dose of estradiol vaginal cream (Estrace® Vaginal Cream) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the cream and the severity of your menopause symptoms. As always, do not adjust your estradiol vaginal cream dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Estradiol Vaginal Cream Dosing for Vaginal Symptoms
The standard recommended estradiol vaginal cream dosage for treating vaginal symptoms is 2 to 4 grams of cream inserted vaginally once daily for one to two weeks, depending on the severity of your symptoms. After that, your healthcare provider may recommend cutting back the dose (by half) for another one to two weeks. After that, it is typically recommended that the estradiol vaginal cream dosage be reduced to 1 gram three times per week.
General Information on Dosing With Estradiol Vaginal Cream
Some considerations for people using estradiol vaginal cream include the following:
- Estradiol vaginal cream comes in a tube, along with an applicator that can measure between 1 to 4 grams of the cream.
- Your estradiol vaginal cream package comes with detailed instructions on how to use the cream using the enclosed applicator.
- Estradiol vaginal cream is usually used daily to start, but most women can eventually cut back to just three times a week.
- Many women find it easiest to use estradiol vaginal cream at night, just before bedtime, to help prevent it from leaking out of the vagina. However, you can use estradiol vaginal cream any time of the day, whenever works best for you.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your estradiol vaginal cream dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.