Gesticare DHA Dosage
The standard recommended Gesticare DHA dosage is one tablet (which contains the vitamins and minerals) and one capsule (which contains the DHA) per day. You can take the tablet and the capsule together or at separate times of the day. Women are typically advised to take Gesticare DHA before, during, and after pregnancy.
Gesticare DHA Dosage: An Introduction
As with other prenatal vitamins, there is only one standard dose for Gesticare® DHA, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Gesticare DHA DosingThe recommended Gesticare DHA dosage is one tablet and one capsule once daily. It is not the end of the world if you miss a dose now and then, but try to take your prenatal vitamins on a regular basis.
General Information on Dosing With Gesticare DHA
Some considerations for people taking Gesticare DHA include the following:
- Each dose of Gesticare DHA consists of one tablet (which contains the vitamins and minerals) and one capsule (which contains the DHA) daily. They can be taken together, or at different times during the day.
- You can take this prenatal vitamin with food or on an empty stomach. The iron may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps prevent stomach upset.
- You can take Gesticare DHA at any time of the day, but try to take it at the same time each day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Gesticare DHA down or if it causes significant nausea or other intolerable side effects. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may suggest trying a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Gesticare DHA will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Gesticare DHA dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.