Interested in a Discount on Liothyronine?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some general considerations for those taking this medication include the following:
- Liothyronine comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your dosage any time of the day, but it is best to take it consistently at the same time each day.
- You can take liothyronine with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Liothyronine will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of liothyronine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Liothyronine Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with liothyronine. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. In general, side effects occur when the dosage is too high, since taking too much causes symptoms of an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
Some of the possible side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Side Effects of Liothyronine to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)