Suggestions for Dealing With Loestrin 24 Fe and Weight Gain
If you are taking Loestrin 24 Fe
and notice any unexplained and undesired weight gain, there are a few things that you can do to get your weight back under control. Some suggestions include:
- Try to get regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week. Try to find something you enjoy, as you will be more likely to keep it up.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Lots of fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Limited amounts of saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and "empty" calories, such as sugary sodas, candy, or other sweets.
Remember that quick fixes (such as weight loss pills
) are usually not the answer. The best weight loss plans aim for moderate, steady weight loss through diet and exercise.
Also, if you are noticing weight gain with this medication, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she can give you other suggestions for dealing with any weight gain. He or she may also look for other causes of weight gain, such as certain types of medical conditions. If the weight gain continues, he or she may also recommend other lifestyle changes or possibly switching to another method of birth control.
(Click BMI Calculator to see if your weight is within a healthy range.)