When and How to Use Loestrin 24 Fe
General considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Loestrin 24 Fe comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Loestrin 24 Fe contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last four days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Loestrin 24 Fe every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
There is only one standard way to dose Loestrin 24 Fe, regardless of your age, weight, or medical conditions. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.