Loestrin 24 Fe
Drug Interactions With Loestrin 24 Fe
Loestrin 24 Fe can interact with a number of other medications (see Loestrin 24 Fe Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Loestrin 24 Fe if you have:
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- Heart valve problems
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Had a blood clot or a clotting disorder
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Unexplained abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Will be having surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Loestrin 24 Fe and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Loestrin 24 Fe and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Loestrin 24 Fe Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take Loestrin 24 Fe.)
What If I Take an Overdose?
Women who take too much Loestrin 24 Fe may experience the following symptoms:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Other menstrual irregularities.
(Click Loestrin 24 Fe Overdose for more information.)