Effects of LoSeasonique
LoSeasonique was shown to be an effective birth control method in a large clinical trial. In this study, for every 100 women who used this medication for a year, two or three became pregnant. This is highly effective, compared to many other methods of contraception. For instance, as many as 14 percent of women using condoms for a year will become pregnant.
When and How to Use It
Some general considerations for those using LoSeasonique include the following:
- LoSeasonique comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take this medication with or without food. If LoSeasonique bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of LoSeasonique contains 91 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking LoSeasonique. Keep taking the tablets as normal.
- It is important that you take LoSeasonique every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
There is only one standard dose of LoSeasonique, regardless of your age, weight, or medical conditions. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.