LoSeasonique Warnings and Precautions
It is important to review LoSeasonique warnings and precautions with your healthcare provider before starting this birth control pill. For instance, tell your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions you have and any other medications you are taking. Other warnings and precautions include the safety of taking LoSeasonique if you have certain allergies or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using LoSeasonique® (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol) if you have:
- A history of blood clots or a clotting disorder
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Chest pain
- A history of heart attack or stroke
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Problems with your heart valves
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Gallbladder disease
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are obese
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.