If your kidneys are functioning normally, the standard recommended dose for Lysteda is two 650-mg tablets, three times a day. You can take this dosage for up to five days during each menstrual period. However, your healthcare provider may lower this amount if your kidneys are not functioning well.
The dose of Lysteda™ (oral tranexamic acid) your healthcare provider recommends will depend mostly upon how well your kidneys are functioning. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
For women with normal kidney function, the standard recommended Lysteda dose is two 650-mg tablets taken three times a day for up to five days during each menstrual period. For women with kidneys that are not functioning well, a lower dosage may be recommended.
Considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Lysteda include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth three times a day for up to five days during your menstrual period.
- A dose of Lysteda can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if the medicine bothers your stomach.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets; be sure to swallow them whole.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Lysteda dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.