Women Home > Alesse
Alesse is a combined oral contraceptive that is available only by prescription. This birth control pill is called a combined oral contraceptive and contains a combination of two different types of hormones: estrogen and progestin. Alesse comes in tablet form and is taken once a day. While most people tolerate the drug well, side effects can include nausea, breast tenderness, and headaches.
What Is Alesse?Alesse® (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol) is a prescription oral contraceptive (commonly known as a birth control pill). The following generic birth control pills are equivalent to Alesse:
- Aviane® (made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Falmina™ (made by Novast Laboratories)
- Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol (made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Lutera™ (made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Orsythia™ (made by Patheon, Inc., for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals USA).