Women Home > Cyclessa Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Use Cyclessa?You should not use Cyclessa if you:
- Are allergic to Cyclessa, desogestrel, ethinyl estradiol, or any inactive components used to make the drug. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a history of breast cancer or endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus).
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have diabetes that has affected your eyes, kidneys, or blood vessels.
- Have problems with your heart valves.
- Have a blood clotting disorder that causes you to clot too easily or have ever had a blood clot.
- Have heart disease.
- Will be having major surgery that will require you to be immobilized for several days.
- Have had yellow eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use.
- Have liver tumors or other forms of liver disease.
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
- Are a heavy smoker (15 or more cigarettes per day) over the age of 35 years old.