Women Home > Desogen
Desogen is a birth control pill that contains an estrogen and a progestin. This combined oral contraceptive works by stopping ovulation, altering the cervical mucus, and changing the lining of the uterus. Although most people do not experience any problems while taking Desogen, side effects are possible and may include nausea, breast tenderness, and headaches.
What Is Desogen?Desogen® (desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol) is a prescription oral contraceptive (commonly known as a birth control pill). There are several other birth control pills that are equivalent to Desogen, including:
- Apri® (made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Emoquette™ (made by Patheon, Inc., for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals)
- Enskyce™ (made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals)
- Ortho-Cept® (made by Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc.)
- Reclipsen™ (made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Solia™ (made by Prasco Laboratories).