Women Home > Ella
- ella requires a prescription from a healthcare provider.
- It comes in a package with only one tablet that is taken as a single dose.
- The sooner it is taken, the more effective it is at preventing pregnancy. It should be taken within five days (120 hours) after unprotected sex or a birth control failure.
- ella can be taken with or without food.
- If you vomit within three hours of taking ella, contact your healthcare provider right away to see if you need to take another dose.
- ella can be taken at any point in the menstrual cycle.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one dose of ella. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of EllaJust like any medicine, ella can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most women tolerate it quite well.
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)