Women Home > Latisse Overdose
It is not known what exactly to expect if a person uses too much Latisse. It is likely that any of the usual side effects may occur, but perhaps more severely. If you believe you have overdosed on Latisse, seek immediate medical attention. Treatment may involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Can You Use Too Much Latisse?Latisse® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) is a prescription medication used to enhance eyelashes. It belongs to a class of drugs known as prostaglandins. As with all medicines, it is likely possible to overdose on Latisse.
The specific effects of an overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Latisse dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines or substances.
Effects of an Overdose of LatisseIt is not known what exactly to expect from a Latisse overdose. It is reasonable to assume that any of the usual Latisse side effects may occur, but perhaps more severely. Using this product too much or too often could lead to problems such as hair growth in undesired locations and darkening of the skin around the eyes. However, this is likely not a problem unless too much is used repeatedly.
It is unclear what to expect if this medication were accidentally taken by mouth, which might occur with a pet or a young child.
Treatment OptionsIt is not known what the best treatment is for an overdose of Latisse; therefore, there is no known antidote. Treatment may involve supportive care, which consists of treating any symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have used too much Latisse.