Women Home > Mircette Dosage
General Information on Mircette DosageSome considerations for people using Mircette include the following:
- Mircette comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Mircette with food or on an empty stomach. If Mircette bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Mircette contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting (between periods) while taking Mircette. Keep taking Mircette as normal.
- It is very important to take Mircette every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Mircette dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.