Women Home > Mircette
When and How to Use MircetteSome general considerations for when and how to use the medication include the following:
- Mircette comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Mircette contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Mircette every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of Mircette, regardless of age, weight, or medical conditions. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Mircette. However, not everyone who uses the contraceptive will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting (between periods)
- Breast tenderness