Women Home > Plan B
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, Plan B can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the contraceptive will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Changes in menstrual bleeding.
Drug Interactions With Plan BPlan B can, theoretically, interact with a number of other medications (see Plan B Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you:
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or suspect that you may be pregnant (see Plan B and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Plan B and Breastfeeding)
- Have any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.