Women Home > Sibutramine
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking sibutramine if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Any heart problems
- A history of stroke
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A bleeding disorder
- Problems with gallstones
- An eating disorder, such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Meridia and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Meridia and Breastfeeding).
Dosing InformationThe dose of sibutramine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous side effects
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.