Women Home > Side Effects of Sibutramine
Although most people tolerate sibutramine well, side effects are possible. Some of the most commonly reported side effects of sibutramine include headaches, a dry mouth, and a loss of appetite. These side effects are typically minor and easily treated. However, some side effects of sibutramine may need immediate medical attention. Some of these side effects include depression, unexplained or unusual bleeding, and seizures.
An Introduction to Sibutramine Side Effects
Sibutramine Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with sibutramine that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- A dangerous side effect known as "serotonin syndrome," which can cause the following symptoms:
- Restlessness or anxiety
- Confusion or unconsciousness
- Fever, shaking, or vomiting
- A rapid heartbeat
- Any unusual or unexplained bleeding
- Gallstones (which are caused by weight loss itself)
- Depression or anxiety
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.