Women Home > Yasmin Warnings and Precautions
It is a good idea to discuss Yasmin warnings and precautions with your healthcare provider prior to taking the birth control pill. For instance, you should tell your healthcare provider if you have certain medical conditions, such as liver disease, diabetes, or migraines. Yasmin warnings and precautions also include being aware that the drug can increase your risk of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks.
Yasmin: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Yasmin® (drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol) if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Problems with your heart valves
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Had a blood clot or a clotting disorder
- Chest pain
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Very high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Gallbladder disease
- High cholesterol
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.