Based on your past medical history, physical exam and current symptoms, your doctor is recommending a surgery called abdominal myomectomy.
The purpose of a myomectomy is to remove abnormal muscular growths, called uterine fibroids, from your uterus and improve the symptoms you are now experiencing.
A myomectomy is not recommended for every patient who has uterine fibroids, but it is recommended for patients with:
· A rapidly growing pelvic fibroid
· Frequent abnormal bleeding
· Pain or pressure from a fibroid
· Enlargement of a fibroid in a woman who still wishes to have children
· Increased frequency of various urinary tract infections
· Infertility or unexplained recurring pregnancy loss
At this time, your doctor feels that a myomectomy is appropriate for your situation.