What Is Ortho Tri-Cyclen?
(norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol) is a prescription birth control pill
(technically known as an oral contraceptive
). Several other birth control pills are equivalent to Ortho Tri-Cyclen, including:
- Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol (made by Glenmark Generics)
- Tri-Estarylla™ (made by Laboratorios Leon Farma S.A., for Sandoz, Inc.)
- Tri-Linyah™ (made by Novast Laboratories)
- Tri-Previfem® (made by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals)
- Tri-Sprintec® (made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- TriNessa® (made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.).
In addition to its use for birth control, Ortho Tri-Cyclen is approved to treat acne.
Ortho Tri-Cyclen is made by Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical, Inc. Generic versions of the drug are made by various manufacturers (see Generic Ortho Tri-Cyclen)