An Introduction to Side Effects of Phendimetrazine
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with phendimetrazine
). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. In most cases, side effects occur when too much of the drug is taken.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with phendimetrazine. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of phendimetrazine side effects with you.)
Side Effects of Phendimetrazine to Report
Some side effects with phendimetrazine, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Agitation or restlessness
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- A desire or need to take phendimetrazine more frequently or at a higher dose than prescribed.
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.