What Are the Benefits of Vitamin B6?
) is clearly beneficial for treating vitamin B6
deficiency and problems related to a deficiency. It is also claimed to provide several other health benefits, such as:
- Treating the following conditions:
- Preventing and treating side effects of isoniazid or penicillamine
- Enhancing immune system functioning
- Preventing migraines
- Preventing cancer
- Helping to reduce water retention (for a diuretic effect)
- Preventing kidney stones
- Enhancing dream recollection.
Many of the claimed health benefits of vitamin B6
have little or no supporting scientific evidence, especially for people without a vitamin B6
deficiency (see Does Vitamin B6 Work? for more information)