- Temporarily improving the appearance of wrinkles between the eyebrows (frown lines)
- Relieving neck pain and abnormal head position associated with cervical dystonia (a certain kind of muscle spasm of the head and neck)
- Treating eyelid twitching or spasms (known medically as blepharospasm) in people previously treated with Botox.
Xeomin Uses for Facial Lines
Xeomin is approved to temporarily reduce the appearance of "frown lines" between the eyebrows in adults. The beneficial effects are temporary. In order to maintain the effects, you will need to receive Xeomin injections
Using Xeomin for Muscle Spasms
Xeomin is also approved to treat cervical dystonia, a condition that involves unusual muscle spasms or contractions
in the head or neck, in adults. Cervical dystonia frequently causes a number of problems, such as:
- An abnormal head position -- often twisted to one side
- Abnormal head or neck movements
- Neck pain.
Xeomin can help decrease the severity of the abnormal head position and can help relieve neck pain. Although the drug will usually cause some improvement immediately, the full effects may take a few weeks and last for a few months.