Interested in a Discount on Yaz?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Yaz was shown to be an effective birth control method in a large clinical trial. In this study, for every 100 women who used the drug for a year, one or two became pregnant. This is very effective, compared to many other methods of contraception. For instance, up to 14 percent of women using condoms for a year will become pregnant. Studies have also shown that Yaz is effective for treating the symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) and for treating acne.
General considerations for when and how to use Yaz include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Yaz with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Yaz contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably get your period during the last few days of the pack or, sometimes, during the first few days of the new pack.
- It is very important to take Yaz every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Yaz will not work if you stop taking it.
There is only one standard dose of Yaz, regardless of your age, weight, or medical conditions.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Yaz Dosage for more information.)